HCD Hydrocarbon Detector Probe
The HCD Hydrocarbon Detector Probe detects the presence of hydrocarbons (butane and heavier) using patented Polymer Absorption (PA) Sensor technology. The HCD Probe also senses temperature and acceleration/vibration.
The HCD Probe must be connected to a PCU-X01 Sensor Hub or a PCU-X11 Inclinometer for power and communications.
Above and below ground equipment:
- Piping flanges
- Tank mixers
- Well pads
- Production tanks
Aboveground storage tank
(AST) floating roofs:
- Hazardous location compliance: ATEX, IECEx, CSA
- Intrinsically Safe and deployable in Zone 0, Class 1 Div. 1 environments
- Integrates seamlessly with any standard WirelessHART network
- Hydrocarbon detection (butane and heavier) on contact when above ground, below ground, and within water bodies (including ice)
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +60°C [-40°F to +140°F]
- Ingress Protection: IP68, Type 4X
- Enclosure: Stainless steel 316
- Made with Syscor’s Polymer Absorption (PA) Sensor technology
- Power supplied from battery packs connected to the PCU-X01 Sensor Hub or PCU-X11 Inclinometer (10+ years battery life)
Accessories & Options
- Use of magnets and other standard hardware for precise mounting if not screwed directly into the PCU-X01 Sensor Hub or PCU-X11 Inclinometer sensor ports (Remote mounting)
- Sensor probe cable length options: 1m (3 feet), 2m (6 feet), 3m (10 feet), and 10m (33 feet)
One or two HCD Hydrocarbon Detector Probes may be directly attached to the Sensor Hub or Inclinometer or remotely attached via cable of up to 10m (33ft) length
Depending on application, the HCD Probes may be mounted with standard mounting hardware (e.g. strut channel), with magnets, attached to Syscor's Floating Roof Mounting Bracket, or enclosed within Syscor's Stackable Monitoring Well.