HCDW Hydrocarbon Detector Probe with Water Level
The HCDW Hydrocarbon Detector Probe with Water Level detects the presence of hydrocarbons (butane and heavier) using patented Polymer Absorption (PA) Sensor technology. The HCDW Probe also senses temperature, acceleration/vibration, and water level.
The HCDW Probe must be connected to a PCU-X01 Sensor Hub or a PCU-X11 Inclinometer for power and communications.
Aboveground storage tank (AST) floating roofs:
Above and below ground equipment:
- Piping flanges
- Tank mixers
- Well pads
- Production tanks
- Hazardous location compliance: ATEX, IECEx, CSA
- Intrinsically Safe and deployable in Zone 0, Class 1 Div. 1 environments
- Integrates seamlessly with any standard WirelessHART network
- Hydrocarbon detection (butane and heavier) on contact when above ground, below ground, and within water bodies (including ice)
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +60°C [-40°F to +140°F]
- Ingress Protection: IP68, Type 4X
- Enclosure: Stainless steel 316
- Made with Syscor’s Polymer Absorption (PA) Sensor technology
- Power supplied from battery packs connected to the PCU-X01 Sensor Hub or PCU-X11 Inclinometer (10+ years battery life)
- HCDW Probe water level measurement: ½ inch increments; up to 5 inches
Accessories & Options
- Use of magnets and other standard hardware for precise mounting if not screwed directly into the PCU-X01 Sensor Hub, PCU-X11 Inclinometer sensor ports (Remote mounting)
- Sensor probe cable length options: 1m (3 feet), 2m (6 feet), 3m (10 feet), and 10m (33 feet)
One or two HCDW Hydrocarbon Detector Probes may be directly attached to the PCU-X01 Sensor Hub or PCU-X11 Inclinometer or remotely attached via cable of up to 10m (33ft) length
Depending on application, the HCDW Probes may be mounted with standard mounting hardware (e.g. strut channel), with magnets, or attached to Syscor's Floating Roof Mounting Bracket.