Lithium Thionyl Chloride (Li-SOCl2) Batteries
About lithium thionyl chloride cells
Lithium-thionyl chloride (Li-SOCl2) cells have a metallic lithium anode (the lightest of all the metals) and a liquid cathode comprising a porous carbon current collector filled with thionyl chloride (SOCl2). They deliver a voltage of 3.6 V and are cylindrical in shape, come in 1/2AA to D formats, with bobbin construction for prolonged discharge.
Advantages of Li-SOCl2
- High energy density
- Low self-discharge (<1% per year)
- Fast voltage recovery after long term storage
- Non-flammable electrolyte
- Approved for use with Intrinsically Safe designs
- Operating temperature range -55° to +85° Celsius
- 10+ years operating life depending on application and sampling rate
- Suitable for low-energy discharge devices and systems
Advantages of Syscor's batteries
- Syscor’s Li-SOCl2 batteries are designed for use in intrinsically safe devices that are suitable for Zone 0 deployment.
- The batteries are self-contained and easy to install in the field.
- The batteries provide up to 10 years of power to Syscor Tracker™ WirelessHART devices.
Where they are used
The batteries are designed specifically for use with Syscor Tracker WirelessHART devices: